wJeremiads
"Facts do not cease to exist because they are ignored." -Aldous Huxley

You've stumbled upon the website of Jeremy Lott. (To learn more about me, go here.) I can be reached at JEREMYAL123 -- AT -- YAHOO.COM.


wArchives:


-- HOME --



This page is powered by Blogger. Why isn't yours?
wTuesday, March 12, 2002


I AM CASSANDRA!: Then there's the Greek chorus (Arabic chorus? - chalk one up for globalization!) demanding an apology. Not sure what to think of that.

On the one hand, yeah, what Lowry said was "boneheaded" and "insensitive" and [fill in favorite term for grievance here]. And Dreher didn't help matters by chiming in. On the other, this modern thin-skinnedness on the part of Americans of all walks, but in this case Muslims, is more than grating. Worse, an apology nowadays is just the beginning. If Lowry apologizes, then the sincerity of it will be loudly, publicly doubted and people will always be throwing it back in his face.

I won't say what I'd do if I was him because I honestly don't know.


posted by Jeremy at 11:01 PM