wJeremiads
"Facts do not cease to exist because they are ignored." -Aldous Huxley

You've stumbled upon the website of Jeremy Lott. (To learn more about me, go here.) I can be reached at JEREMYAL123 -- AT -- YAHOO.COM.


wArchives:


-- HOME --



This page is powered by Blogger. Why isn't yours?
wSaturday, March 16, 2002


MATURITY: Thanks to Rich Lowry for pointing me to this decent Peggy Noonan column. He calls a point she makes near the end "perfectly fair and reasonable." The point?

"[W]e should probably not be having chatty conversations about whether or not it would be a good idea to take out Mecca."

Note to CAIR: There's your apology. Stop cc'ing me angry e-mails.

I suppose I should say something else here. Impart some faux pearl of wisdom like Jerry Springer's monologues at the end of his ridiculous programs. Explain how pride goeth before gravity sets in; or why wolves shouldn't be cried too often; or say something about snakes and gardens and shiny red apples. But it's been a long week and my father's the preacher in the family and pastors' kids, as we all know, are the scum of the earth.

Well, we may be that but we - most of us pk's - learn, however haltingly and uneasily, how to pray. And we feel some primitive unbending obligation to do so. A radical a very long time ago extended that obligation to include even our enemies, so I think I shall be praying for Rich Lowry and all the folks at National Review for a very long time. If they want to extend me the same courtesy, then so be it.


posted by Jeremy at 1:44 AM