wJeremiads
"Facts do not cease to exist because they are ignored." -Aldous Huxley

You've stumbled upon the website of Jeremy Lott. (To learn more about me, go here.) I can be reached at JEREMYAL123 -- AT -- YAHOO.COM.


wArchives:


-- HOME --



This page is powered by Blogger. Why isn't yours?
wFriday, April 19, 2002


GOOD QUESTION: A reader asks the following of my review of Jeffrey Simpson's The Friendly Dictatorship, in the current (May; not online yet) issue of Reason Magazine: "What I want to ask is whether you actually do or don't recommend the book you were reviewing..."

That's the problem with review essays; you get carried away with one facet of a book and people are left scratching their heads over whether or not you think they should buy or read the book. On balance, I'd have to say "no" on this one. Simpson is a decent writer but this was not his finest effort.

posted by Jeremy at 2:37 AM