wJeremiads
"Facts do not cease to exist because they are ignored." -Aldous Huxley

You've stumbled upon the website of Jeremy Lott. (To learn more about me, go here.) I can be reached at JEREMYAL123 -- AT -- YAHOO.COM.


wArchives:


-- HOME --



This page is powered by Blogger. Why isn't yours?
wWednesday, April 24, 2002


SO CLOSE: Uber actress and Harvard student Natalie Portman wrote a letter to the Harvard Crimson objecting to a previous column on the Israeli-Palestinian conflict. It's a bit too compassion laden for my taste, but it doesn't suffer from the touchy-feely sloppiness that I've come to associate with most Ivy Leaguers.

That, however, is not the point of this post. As many know, "Portman" is not Natalie's real last name. It's her acting name, employed, to great effect, to shield her family from unwanted attention. Maybe it's the evil journalist in me, but I've always wanted to know her real last name. According to Enter Stage Right's Isabel Lyman, yesterday, the letter on the Crimson website included her correct name. This has since been changed back to the infuriating stage name.

So close and yet...

posted by Jeremy at 12:51 AM