wJeremiads
"Facts do not cease to exist because they are ignored." -Aldous Huxley

You've stumbled upon the website of Jeremy Lott. (To learn more about me, go here.) I can be reached at JEREMYAL123 -- AT -- YAHOO.COM.


wArchives:


-- HOME --



This page is powered by Blogger. Why isn't yours?
wMonday, July 14, 2003


GOOD SAVE: From Paul Cella:

Jeremy --

Man, you dig up a post from months ago and put me on the spot! But no, I did not intend to call you a "timid and industrious animal": I meant (awkwardly) to reference the Michael Kelly article (a hilarious and prescient spoof of P.C. lunacy) you cited as an example of what the modern state aspires to make of its subjects: "timid and industrious animals," which Tocqueville envisioned as the end-game of servitude in a decayed democracy.


Sorry for the confusion.

Paul

posted by Jeremy at 9:26 PM