wJeremiads
"Facts do not cease to exist because they are ignored." -Aldous Huxley

You've stumbled upon the website of Jeremy Lott. (To learn more about me, go here.) I can be reached at JEREMYAL123 -- AT -- YAHOO.COM.


wArchives:


-- HOME --



This page is powered by Blogger. Why isn't yours?
wThursday, November 13, 2003


LAAAAAST NIGHT: Yesterday, a little before four in the afternoon, I called a friend and asked where I could get some caffeine pills. My normal delivery systems (Coke, coffee, etc.) just weren't cutting it. Two mornings in a row of staying up past three had made for one of the most unproductive days in a very long time, and I had to attend the Spectator dinner last night. He couldn't help me with the pills but he said to go get some pink Sobe, and at the Rite Aid counter I found coffe mints with "Extreme Caffeine." Four mints, the writing on the aluminum can explain, equal one cup of coffee. Needless to say, I had a lot more than four.

And boy the Spectator dinner was fun. All the Spectator people (Spectatorites? Spectators? TASers? -- still haven't come up with anything as good as Reportsters) were supposed to be spread out, but I ended up at the same table with office manager Suzanne Shaffer, super intern Shawn Macomber, the adorable Theodora Blanchfield, and international woman of mystery Katherine Ruddy (Wlady P., Bob Tyrrell, Al Regnery, and George Neumayr were, however, distributed into the audience) . Which was fortunate because I probably had a bit too much to drink during the reception. It was good to have friends to reign me in and roll their eyes at my antics rather than take offense.

Highlights: Met John Tabin and Cynthia Grenier. Took money for Zell Miller's new book as he signed it after an actually enjoyable speech. Danced (well, sort of danced -- more like tried not to step on too many feet) with Suzanne, Katherine, and Theodora while Bob and his wife put this Baptist boy to shame. I left, as they say, with a spring in my step and a song in my heart. And I woke up this morning to discover that my streak of not getting an hangover is unbroken.

posted by Jeremy at 10:15 AM