wJeremiads
"Facts do not cease to exist because they are ignored." -Aldous Huxley

You've stumbled upon the website of Jeremy Lott. (To learn more about me, go here.) I can be reached at JEREMYAL123 -- AT -- YAHOO.COM.


wArchives:


-- HOME --



This page is powered by Blogger. Why isn't yours?
wThursday, October 14, 2004


KERRY/BUSH SWITCH PLACES: I wasn't going to cover the debate but the candidates -- particularly Kerry -- decided to turn it into the Hour of Power. So here's my GetReligion take:

In last night's debate, Kerry went all out with the faith offensive. It started out when he was answering moderator Bob Schieffer about whether the candidates thought homosexuality is innate (and thanks for opening up that particular can of worms, Bob) with Kerry explaining that "we're all God's children," including -- he actually said this -- "Dick Cheney's daughter, who is a lesbian"; not by choice but by divine fiat.

Schieffer threw out the fact that several Catholic bigs have opined that it would be a sin to vote for Kerry, to which Kerry replied, "I respect their views. I completely respect their views. [Liar! -- ed.] I am a Catholic. And I grew up learning how to respect those views. But I disagree with them, as do many." Then he launched into an attack on Bush's supposed intention to overturn Roe v. Wade, and I thought we were moving back to familiar territory.

But oh no. Kerry decided to revise and extend his remarks [more]

posted by Jeremy at 12:21 PM