wJeremiads
"Facts do not cease to exist because they are ignored." -Aldous Huxley

You've stumbled upon the website of Jeremy Lott. (To learn more about me, go here.) I can be reached at JEREMYAL123 -- AT -- YAHOO.COM.


wArchives:


-- HOME --



This page is powered by Blogger. Why isn't yours?
wThursday, February 24, 2005


MOSH THE COSH: A budding classicist writes to upbraid me for my response to Colby Cosh:

I'm not sure why you're bothering to get so defensive about this transparently lame argument, unless there's something more to it that I'm not getting. It is perfectly easy, obvious, and central to most Christian traditions to understand that a person can hold a belief while being too morally/spiritually/intellectually weak to live up to
it in fullness, at least not until after much reckoning and inner turmoil over the course of the years. As I understand these things, it's supposed to be hard to be a Christian, and the difficulty is obviously not evidence that one isn't actually Christian at all. Only dogmatic atheists could possibly miss this point, and who are they to be judging souls?


posted by Jeremy at 7:19 PM