wJeremiads
"Facts do not cease to exist because they are ignored." -Aldous Huxley

You've stumbled upon the website of Jeremy Lott. (To learn more about me, go here.) I can be reached at JEREMYAL123 -- AT -- YAHOO.COM.


wArchives:


-- HOME --



This page is powered by Blogger. Why isn't yours?
wSunday, July 17, 2005


COUNTING SHEEP: Insomnia is an evil bastard but after 26-odd years I've learned that if I toss about in bed for an hour, it's time to get up and do something -- often to work something out of my system by putting it in writing. The problem is that often embarrassing things end up out there for all the world to see. This is so because a weird psychological quirk has rendered me incapable of writing for my own consumption. Without an audience, I've never gotten much further than "Dear Diary..."

Tonight, though, I can't put my finger on any one thing. The weather sucks; changes are coming both at work and in my more personal pursuits; progress on the book is slower than I'd like. I think the thing that really grates is the sense that I've been sleepwalking through life lately: lumbering around a certain free market think tank, dashing off the requisite posts for GetReligion, idling about the townhouse for fear of melting outside. It's time to wake up, provided I can ever get some shuteye.

posted by Jeremy at 12:01 AM